Interview Tips & Questions?
Interview Tips for parents
During a preschool interview, a child is tested on his comprehensive qualities which are still in the developing stage and self-sufficiency along with confidence. Parents need to remember that this is not an interview where your little one would be questioned about space science or robots. So there is absolutely no need to panic and instill fear in the child who is already apprehensive about an imminent shift in the environment. As you prepare your child for the preschool interview here are a set of common questions that you can expect your child to be tested up on.There are Five Basic Segments on Which the Kid will be Tested:
- Identification of shapes and colours
- Identification of common birds and animals
- Sketching, drawing or painting
- Following instructions
The interview usually focuses on the educational activities related to early childhood. This entails that they will be all related to sensory experiences. The interview tests the manner in which the child is able to explore the five senses of sight, touch, sound, smell and taste. Queries can be placed to your child in plain conversational form or through theme activities that requires the child to identify, compare and classify items as they gradually explore the new world outside their parents.
This is How Preschool Interview is ConductedHere is how the preschool interview may be conducted.
Placing an Object
The interviewer might place an interesting object like a painting, a toy or a carving and allow the child to touch it. As he explores the different textures, the manner of his observation is noticed.
The test is therefore on his descriptive faculties and expressive vocabulary. This is why parents are always advised to encourage the child to express his thoughts and feelings in words while they prepare them for the preschool interview. This way they will get more accustomed to express themselves verbally and be comfortable about it.
Communication Skills are Tested
The interview also tests the communication skills of the child and the manner in which the child is able to express his difficulties.
Observational Skill are Tested
The questions directed at the child during the interview tests the observational abilities along with the manner in which the child is able to compare experiment and practice in expressing their thoughts. Through patience and constant practice in a friendly way, the parents can effectively prepare their child for the preschool interview.
The Preschool is the First Step of your Child towards Independence.
- So amongst the common questions, you will find your child asked in varied ways on how he would manage to separate from you.
- He would be tested on how easily he would become part of a group
- The manner in which he is able to play or conduct himself in a cooperative in the company of other children
- How easily he can make friends
- The manner in which he behaves with strangers
- The mark of discipline in his regular activities
- His patience and how willing he is to listen
- Whether he messes up or in unwilling to follow general instructions
- How well he takes directions from the teacher.
- Finally, whether your child has special needs.
Below are few important questions for parents: