Related PapersAlgebraic Expressions Class 8 Maths Revision Worksheet 2024 - DPS Posted by Swati Goel Linear Equation in One Variable Class 8 Maths Worksheet 2024 - DPS Posted by Swati Goel Mensuration Class 8 Maths Revision Worksheet 2024 - DPS Posted by Swati Goel Understanding Quadrilaterals Class 8 Maths Worksheet 2024 - DPS Posted by Swati Goel CBSE Class 8 Maths Revision Worksheet on Exponents and Powers Posted by Rakesh s Narayan
CBSE Worksheets for Class 8 Maths
Download free printable worksheets for CBSE Class 8 Maths with important chapter wise questions as per Latest NCERT Syllabus. These Worksheets help Grade 8 students practice Mathematics Important Questions and exercises on various topics like Algebra,Linear Equations in One Variable, Mensuration, Understanding Quadrilaterals,Quadrilaterals, Square and Cube Roots, Rational Numbers, Integers, Exponents and Powers, Factorisation, Comparing Quantities. These free PDF download of Class 8 maths worksheets consist of visual simulations to help your child visualize concepts being taught and reinforce their learning.
Get free Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 8 Maths Worksheets shared by teachers, parents & students to understand the concepts. All the necessary topics are covered in these 8th grade worksheets. These class 8 Mathematics worksheets provide skills and experience necessary to ace in Exams
Latest CBSE Class 8 Maths Worksheets
- Chapter 1 Rational Numbers
- Chapter 2 Linear Equations in One Variable
- Chapter 3 Understanding Quadrilaterals
- Chapter 4 Practical Geometry
- Chapter 5 Data Handling
- Chapter 6 Squares and Square Roots
- Chapter 7 Cubes and Cube Roots
- Chapter 8 Comparing Quantities
- Chapter 9 Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- Chapter 10 Visualising Solid Shapes
- Chapter 11 Mensuration
- Chapter 12 Exponents and Powers
- Chapter 13 Direct and Inverse Proportions
- Chapter 14 Factorisation
- Chapter 15 Introduction to Graphs
- Chapter 16 Playing with Numbers
- Rational Numbers: Introduction, Properties of Rational Numbers, Representation of Rational Numbers on the Number Line, Rational Numbers between Two Rational Numbers.
- Linear Equations in One Variable: Introduction, Solving Equations Which Have Linear Expressions on one Side and Numbers on the Other Side, Some Applications, Solving Equations having the Variable on Both Sides, Some More Applications, Reducing Equations to Simpler Form, Reducing Equations to Simpler Form, Equations Reducible to the Linear Form.
- Understanding Quadrilaterals: Introduction, Polygons, Sum of the Measures of the Exterior Angles of a Polygon, Kinds of Quadrilaterals, Some Special Parallelograms.
- Practical Geometry: Introduction, Constructing a Quadrilateral, Some Special Cases.
- Data Handling: Looking for Information, Organising Data, Grouping Data, Circle Graph or Pie Chart, Chance and Probability.
- Squares and Square Roots: Introduction, Properties of Square Numbers, Some More Interesting Patterns, Finding the Square of a Number, Square Roots, Square Roots of Decimals, Estimating Square Roots.
- Cubes & Cube Roots: Introduction, Cubes, Cube Roots.
- Comparing Quantities: Recalling Ratios and Percentages, Finding the Increase or Decrease Per cent, Finding Discounts, Prices Related to Buying and Selling (Profit and Loss), Sales Tax/Value Added Tax, Compound Interest, Deducing a Formula for Compound Interest, Rate Compounded Annually or Half Yearly (Semi-Annually), Applications of Compound Interest Formula.
- Algebraic Expressions and Identities: What Are Expressions, Terms, Factors and Coefficients, Monomials, Binomials and Polynomials, Like and Unlike Terms, Addition and Subtraction of Algebraic Expressions, Multiplication of Algebraic Expressions: Introduction, Multiplying a Monomial by a Monomial, Multiplying a Monomial by a Polynomial, Multiplying a Polynomial by a Polynomial, What is an Identity? Standard Identities, Applying Identities.
- Visualising Solid Shapes: Introduction, Views of 3D-Shapes, Mapping Space Around Us, Faces, Edges and Vertices.
- Mensuration: Introduction, Let us Recall, Area of Trapezium, Area of a General Quadrilateral, Area of a Polygon, Solid Shapes, Surface Area of Cube, Cuboid and Cylinder, Volume of Cube, Cuboid and Cylinder, Volume and Capacity.
- Exponents & Powers: Powers with negative exponents, Laws of exponents, use of exponents to express small numbers in standard form.
- Direct & Inverse Proportions: Direct Proportion, inverse proportion.
- Factorisation: Factors of natural numbers, what is factorisation, division of algebraic expressions.
- Playing with Numbers: Numbers in general form, games with numbers, letters for digits, tests of divisibility, divisibility by 9 and 3.
|Type of Question
|Marks per Question
|Total No. of Questions
|Objective Type Questions
|Short Answer Type Questions - I
|Short Answer Type Questions - II
|Long Answer Type Questions
For Preparation of board exams students can also check out other resource material
Worksheets of Other Subjects of Class 8CBSE Worksheets of Class 8 Science CBSE Worksheets of Class 8 English CBSE Worksheets of Class 8 Hindi CBSE Worksheets of Class 8 German
Why do one Children need Worksheets for Practice ?
It is very old saying that one can build a large building if the foundation is strong and sturdy. This holds true for studies also. Worksheets are essential and help students in the in-depth understanding of fundamental concepts. Practicing solving a lot of worksheets, solving numerous types of questions on each topic holds the key for success. Once basic concepts and fundamentals have been learnt, the next thing is to learn their applications by practicing problems. Practicing the problems helps us immensely to gauge how well we have understood the concepts.
There are times when students just run through any particular topic with casual awareness there by missing out on a few imperative “between the lines” concepts. Such things are the major causes of weak fundamental understandings of students. So in such cases Worksheets act as a boon and critical helpful tool which gauges the in-depth understanding of children highlighting doubts and misconceptions, if any.
Worksheets classifies the important aspects of any topic or chapter taught in the class in a very easy manner and increases the awareness amongst students.When students try to solve a worksheet they get to understand what are the key important factors which needs the main focus.Sometimes it happens that due to shortage of time all the major points of any particular topic gets skipped in the class or teacher rushes through , due to shortage of time. A worksheet thus provides a framework for the entire chapter and can help covering those important aspects which were rushed in the class and ensure that students record and understand all key items.
In a class of its say 40 students howsoever teacher tries to be active and work towards making each student understand whatever she has to teach in the class but there are always some students who tend to be in their own world and they wander in their thoughts.Worksheets which are provided timely to all the students, causes them to focus on the material at hand. it’s simply the difference between passive and active learning. Worksheets of this type can be used to introduce new material, particularly material with many new definitions and terms.
Worksheets help students be focussed and attentive in the class because they know after the class is over they will be assigned a worksheet which they need to solve so if they miss or skip any point in the class they may not be able to solve the worksheet completely and thereby lose reputation in the class.
Often students revise the chapter at home reading their respective textbooks. Thus more often than not they do miss many important points. Worksheets thus can be used intentionally to help guide student’s to consult textbooks. Having students write out responses encourages their engagement with the textbooks, the questions chosen indicate areas on which to focus. Explicitly discussing the worksheets and why particular questions are asked helps students reflect on what is important.