Related PapersTest Paper on Arithmetic Progression Class 10 Maths Posted by SUBHAM DUBEY Class 10 Maths Important Questions Chapter 12 Areas Related to Circles Posted by jasleen kaur Test Paper on Triangles Class 10 Maths Posted by Dr. Shilpi Arora Class 10 Maths Periodic Test Paper (2) - 2022 - KV Chennai Posted by Ridhima J Borah Maths Revision Test on Construction and Loci, Similarity & Congruence - ICSE Board Posted by durgailal
Class 10 Maths Test Papers and Periodic Assessment Exams
CBSE Class 10 Maths Test Papers are the collection of past unit test papers and periodic assessment class test papers which helps students to prepare for upcoming monthly quarterly half yearly and annual exams. Here on Ribblu one can get a lot of Test Papers for Class 10 Maths in PDF format for free.CBSE chapter wise practice papers with solution for class 10 Maths for free download in PDF format.10th Maths chapters have many topics and all these topics are included in CBSE solved test papers of class 10 Mathematics .
CBSE practice question papers are based on NCERT syllabus and latest CBSE curriculum for this academic session. The unit tests, chapter wise solved papers, important questions, and questions asked in previous year exams are included in CBSE test papers and CBSE practice papers with solution and answer keys. These are solved question papers from all chapter have all type of questions may be asked in annual exams such as VSA very short answer type questions, MCQ Multiple Choice Questions , SA short answer type questions, LA long answer type questions, VBA value based questions and HOTS higher order thinking skill based questions.
|Class 10 Maths Marks Distribution
|Statistics & Probability
- Real Numbers
- Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Quadratic Equations
- Arithmetic Progressions
- Coordinate Geometry
- Introduction to Trigonometry
- Some Applications of Trigonometry
- Area Related to Circles
- Surface Areas and Volumes
UNIT I: NUMBER SYSTEMS
1. REAL NUMBER
Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic - statements after reviewing work done earlier and after illustrating and motivating through examples, Proofs of irrationality.
UNIT II: ALGEBRA
- POLYNOMIALS Zeros of a polynomial. Relationship between zeros and coefficients of quadratic polynomials.
- PAIR OF LINEAR EQUATIONS IN TWO VARIABLES Pair of linear equations in two variables and graphical method of their solution, consistency/inconsistency. Algebraic conditions for number of solutions. Solution of a pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically - by substitution, by elimination. Simple situational problems.
- QUADRATIC EQUATIONS Standard form of a quadratic equation ax2 + bx + c = 0, (a ≠ 0). Solutions of quadratic equations (only real roots) by factorization, and by using quadratic formula. Relationship between discriminant and nature of roots. Situational problems based on quadratic equations related to day to day activities to be incorporated.
- ARITHMETIC PROGRESSIONS Motivation for studying Arithmetic Progression Derivation of the nth term and sum of the first n terms of A.P. and their application in solving daily life problems.
UNIT III: COORDINATE GEOMETRY
Coordinate Geometry Review: Concepts of coordinate geometry, graphs of linear equations. Distance formula. Section formula (internal division).
UNIT IV: GEOMETRY
- TRIANGLES Definitions, examples, counter examples of similar triangles.
1. (Prove) If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
2. (Motivate) If a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to the third side.
3.(Motivate) If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar.
4.(Motivate) If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding angles are equal and the two triangles are similar.
5.(Motivate) If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides including these angles are proportional, the two triangles are similar.
- CIRCLES Tangent to a circle at, point of contact
1. (Prove) The tangent at any point of a circle is perpendicular to the radius through the point of contact.
2.(Prove) The lengths of tangents drawn from an external point to a circle are equal.
UNIT V: TRIGONOMETRY
- INTRODUCTION TO TRIGONOMETRY Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle. Proof of their existence (well defined); motivate the ratios whichever are defined at 0° and 90°. Values of the trigonometric ratios of 30°, 45°, and 60°. Relationships between the ratios.
- TRIGONOMETRIC IDENTITIES Proof and applications of the identity sin2A + cos2A = 1. Only simple identities to be given.
- HEIGHTS AND DISTANCES: Angle of elevation, Angle of Depression. (10)Periods Simple problems on heights and distances. Problems should not involve more than two right triangles. Angles of elevation / depression should be only 30°, 45°, and 60°.
UNIT VI: MENSURATION
- AREAS RELATED TO CIRCLES Area of sectors and segments of a circle. Problems based on areas and perimeter / circumference of the above said plane figures. (In calculating area of segment of a circle, problems should be restricted to central angle of 60°, 90° and 120° only.
- SURFACE AREAS AND VOLUMES Surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following: cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders/cones.
UNIT VII: STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
- STATISTICS Mean, median and mode of grouped data (bimodal situation to be avoided).
- PROBABILITY (10) Periods Classical definition of probability. Simple problems on finding the probability of an event.
- Mathematics - Textbook for class IX - NCERT Publication
- Mathematics - Textbook for class X - NCERT Publication
- Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, class IX - CBSE Publication
- Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, class X - CBSE Publication
- Laboratory Manual - Mathematics, secondary stage - NCERT Publication
- Mathematics exemplar problems for class IX, NCERT publication.
- Mathematics exemplar problems for class X, NCERT publication.
|Type of Question
|Marks per Question
|Total No. of Questions
|Objective Type Questions
|Short Answer Type Questions - I
|Short Answer Type Questions - II
|Long Answer Type Questions
For Preparation of board exams students can also check out other resource material
Test Papers of Other Subjects of Class 10CBSE Test Papers of Class 10 Science CBSE Test Papers of Class 10 English CBSE Test Papers of Class 10 Social Science CBSE Test Papers of Class 10 Computer Science CBSE Test Papers of Class 10 Hindi
Why Attempting Past Test Papers are Important for Exam Preparation?
Test papers are mainly class test papers that the subject teacher had prepared in the past for previous students. Thus when students attempt such practice test papers they get to know the framework which the subject teacher is following in making examination papers. Apart from reference books and notes, Test Papers are very effective study materials for exam preparation. When a student tries to attempt previous test papers , it becomes very easy to gauge how well the topics have been understood and what kind of questions are asked in exams related to that chapter.
As they say before facing the main battle one needs to practice on small fights and get expertise and that will make sure the success in the finals. Similarly in order to score high marks in annual exams, it is imperative to attempt previous test papers so that the student identifies and checks whether the understanding of all concepts of the already prepared chapters of any particular subject are complete or not. It highlights the weak areas if any and gives students ample amount of time to revisit the topics and work on those areas and be better prepared before exams.
Periodic Test papers, Weekly tests and Unit Test papers are usually framed on few chapters of the syllabus thus the concentration of questions asked are of good depth thus when a student attempts those papers, it makes sure that no topic or fundamental concept has been skipped by students while studying any chapter.