|Class 12 Psychology Marks Distribution |
|Units ||Marks |
|Variations in Psychological Attributes ||9 |
|Self and Personality ||10 |
|Meeting Life Challenges ||7 |
|Psychological Disorders ||10 |
|Therapeutic Approaches ||7 |
|Attitude and Social Cognition ||8 |
|Social Influence and Group Processes ||7 |
|Psychology and Life ||6 |
|Developing Psychological Skills ||6 |
|Total ||70 |
Psychology Topics to be covered for Class 12
- Individual Differences in Human Functioning, Assessment of Psychological Attributes, Intelligence, Theories of Intelligence: Psychometric Theories of Intelligence, Information Processing Theories, Theory of Multiple Intelligences, TriarchicTheory of Intelligence, Planning, Attention-Arousal and Simultaneous Successive Model of Intelligence, Individual Differences in Intelligence, Culture and Intelligence, Emotional Intelligence, Special Abilities: Aptitude: Nature and Measurement10.Creativity
- Self and Personality, Concept of Self, Cognitive and Behavioural Aspects of Self, Culture and Self, Concept of Personality, Major Approaches to the Study of Personality, Assessment of Personality
- Nature, Types and Sources of Stress, Effects of Stress on Psychological Functioning and Health, Coping with Stress, Promoting Positive Health and Well-being
- Meaning of Development, Factors Influencing Development, Context of Development, Overview of Developmental Stages
- Concepts of Abnormality and Psychological Disorders, Classification of Psychological Disorders, Factors Underlying Abnormal Behaviour, Major Psychological Disorders
- Nature and Process of Psychotherapy, Types of Therapies, Rehabilitation of the Mentally Ill
- Explaining Social Behaviour, Nature and Components of Attitudes, Attitude Formation and Change, Prejudice and Discrimination, Strategies for Handling Prejudice, Social Cognition, Schemas and Stereotypes, Impression Formation and Explaining, Behaviour in the Presence of Others, Pro-social Behaviour
- Nature and Formation of Groups, Type of Groups, Influence of Group on Individual Behaviour, Conformity, Compliance and Obedience, Cooperation and Competition, Social Identity, Intergroup Conflict: Nature and Causes, Conflict Resolution Strategies
- Human-Environment Relationship, Environmental Effects on Human Behaviour, Promoting Pro-environmental Behaviour, Psychology and Social Concerns
- Developing as an effective Psychologist, General Skills, Observational Skills, Specific Skills, Interviewing Skills7.Counselling Skills
For Preparation of board exams students can also check out other resource material
CBSE Class 12 Psychology Question Papers
Important Questions for Class 12 Psychology Chapter Wise
Psychology Revision Notes for class 12
Previous Year Question Paper CBSE Class 12 Psychology
Why Sample Papers, Previous Year CBSE Board Papers and Important questions are important for the success in Class 12 Board Exams?
When it comes to the psychology for 12th class under the Central Board of School (CBSE) Board, it is considered to be the most important subject and immensely scoring compared to other subjects. But the irony is that psychology is considered the most daunting and dreadful subject by many students who feel this subject gives them nightmare. But the experience says that if the subject is handled and tackled properly it can fetch great dividends effectively. The in-depth understanding of fundamental concepts and practice are the two essential keys for cracking the formula of success in this subject.
How To Build Strong Foundation?
As some one has rightly said that great heights can only be attained if the foundation is strong and sturdy. This holds true for psychology subjects also because if basics are clear, then All the problems are solved with ease only.
One can follow few tips mentioned below for strengthening the basic concepts:
- Be Fully Attentive in the class while new topics are being taught by your respective teacher. No doubts should be left hovering in your head. Even if you feel your questions are silly, ask immediately as and when they arise with you teachers or tutors.
- Group discussions among friends are a great way to resolve any further doubts regarding the topics. Thus if possible one should make study groups with like minded friends and fix a particular to discuss relevant doubts and problems. This technique is considered to be the most effective during the preparation of psychology exams.
- There are several online sources for CBSE class 12 psychology topics. Youtube Videos are the most popular resources where one can get extensive explanatory videos on almost each topic.
Practice Makes the Man Perfect.
For Mastering the psychology Subject, One has to go through lots of practice, Yes practicing solving lots of problems, solving numerous types of questions on each topic. Once basic concepts and fundamentals have been learnt, the next thing is to learn their applications by practicing problems. Practicing the problems helps us immensely to gauge how well we have understood the concepts.
Certain Points needs to be kept in mind while solving problems:
- One should try to approach and solve a wide variety of problems thereby covering all the relevant topics, rather than sticking to similar ones.
- One or Two reference books should be considered for solving extra questions.
- Try to solve previous year question papers. This helps to boost your confidence while solving new varieties of problems which may appear in the exam.
- Start solving Sample Papers when the exam dates are nearing to get an actual feel of how the psychology paper might be.
- Try to focus on eliminating committing silly mistakes while solving the problems such as multiplying instead of adding, mixing up the positive and negative signs etc.
On ribblu.com you get lot of resource material to practice which includes sample question papers, worksheets, test papers, previous year board papers, important questions, solved papers, model papers everything free in PDF format.