Related PapersFractions Question Bank for CBSE Class 5 Maths Posted by Sushma Parikh Questions on Decimals for CBSE Class 5 Maths Posted by Sushma Parikh 5th Class Maths Area, Perimeter and Volume Question Bank Posted by Sushma Parikh CBSE Class 5 Maths Fractions Question Bank Posted by Sushma Parikh CBSE Class 5 Maths Decimals Question Bank Posted by Sushma Parikh
Click to View More Related Papers
CBSE Class 5 Maths Chapter wise Important Questions - Free PDF Download
CBSE Important Questions for Class 5 Maths are available in Printable format for Free Download.Here you may find NCERT Important Questions and Extra Questions for Class 5 Mathematics chapter wise with answers also. These questions will act as chapter wise test papers for Class 5 Mathematics. These Important Questions for Class 5 Mathematics are as per latest NCERT and CBSE Pattern syllabus and assure great success in achieving high score in Board Examinations
Maths Topics to be covered for Class 5
- The Fish Tail: Problems based on speed distance time, number and number names, large number up to 1 crore, introducing concept of buying, selling and loan
- Parts and Wholes: Fraction, equivalent fraction, dividing different shapes and things into fraction, shading a part of whole and make fraction, patterns in parts, Ramu's vegetable fields, part to whole, conversion of time and money into fractions
- Does it look the same?: Making patterns with a drop of colour and paper folding, line of symmetry objects in the mirror, half rotation, one fourth rotation, one third rotation, one sixth rotation
- Can you see the Pattern?: Patterns from our daily life, turns and patterns, look for a pattern, magic square, magical hexagon, pattern in number series, calendar magic, puzzles and word problems related to number series
- Mapping your Way: Know about map of Delhi, distance between two points on the map, scale reading in maps, hexagons in map and angles made in between, journey of Red Fort: understanding of directions, scaling of images; big and small, map of India and its States, map of school and classroom
- Shapes and Angles: Closed and open shapes, introduction of angles, angles in geometrical shapes, measuring angles with divider, types of angles, angles in alphabets, changing shapes and angles, angles in clock, introduction to protractor D and measuring angles with it
- Be my Multiple, I will be your Factor: Introduction about multiples using tables, finding out the multiples of different number, common multiple, introduction of factors: multiplication chart, common factors, factor tree, LCM and HCF related word problems
- Tenths and Hundredths: Understanding 10th part and representing it in decimal and fraction form, understanding 100th part and representing it in decimal and fraction form, understanding relation between higher and lower units of length, weight and money, conversion of higher unit into lower unit or vice versa, currency of different countries and their value with respect to the Indian currency, temperature ( in degree Celsius)
- How many Squares?: Perimeter and area, use of a square boxes grid to find area, comparison of areas of different objects, area of triangle and comparison of area of different triangle in a grid, complete the shapes, puzzle with 5 squares
- Area and its Boundary: Introduction of area and perimeter, comparison of area of different objects, simple word problems based on area and perimeter, puzzles related to area and perimeter, dividing grid into different areas, objects with different shapes and perimeter can have some area and vice versa, finding side when area/ perimeter is given
- Smart Charts: Use of Tally marks, frequency table, reading of Tally marks, reading of Chapati chart (pie chart) and bar graph, making of bar graph and chapati chart, family tree, reading a graph using growth chart of a plant, solving questions based on bar graph and pie chart
- Ways to Multiply and Divide: Simple multiplication, multiplication by breaking method, daily life problems for multiplication, patterns in multiplication, simple division problems, division by long methods, mental puzzles of multiplication and division, checking answer of division
- Boxes and Sketches: Comparison of 2-D and 3-D figures, 3-D figures with respect to Length, breadth, height, vertices, faces and edges, visualize the net of box to think of how it looks when flattened and also to check which nets do not makeup box, deep drawings to get a sense of the need to represent depth, understanding deep drawings and layout plans, top, front and side view of 3-D figures to understand the dimensions which we can see
- How Big? How Heavy?: Understanding the concept of volume, measuring of volume, unit of volume volume of cube and cuboid, simple word problems related to volume, concept of weight, unit of weight,word problem related to weight
For Preparation of exams students can also check out other resource material
CBSE Class 5 Maths Sample Papers
CBSE Class 5 Maths Question Papers
CBSE Class 5 Maths Test Papers
Question Bank of Other Subjects of Class 5CBSE Question Bank of Class 5 Computer Science
Importance of Question Bank for Exam Preparation?
There are many ways to ascertain whether a student has understood the important points and topics of a particular chapter and is he or she well prepared for exams and tests of that particular chapter. Apart from reference books and notes, Question Banks are very effective study materials for exam preparation. When a student tries to attempt and solve all the important questions of any particular subject , it becomes very easy to gauge how much well the topics have been understood and what kind of questions are asked in exams related to that chapter.. Some of the other advantaging factors of Question Banks are as follows
- Since Important questions included in question bank are collections of questions that were asked in previous exams and tests thus when a student tries to attempt them they get a complete idea about what type of questions are usually asked and whether they have learned the topics well enough. This gives them an edge to prepare well for the exam.Students get the clear idea whether the questions framed from any particular chapter are mostly either short or long answer type questions or multiple choice based and also marks weightage of any particular chapter in final exams.
- CBSE Question Banks are great tools to help in analysis for Exams. As it has a collection of important questions that were asked previously in exams thereby it covers every question from most of the important topics. Thus solving questions from the question bank helps students in analysing their preparation levels for the exam. However the practice should be done in a way that first the set of questions on any particular chapter are solved and then solutions should be consulted to get an analysis of their strong and weak points. This ensures that they are more clear about what to answer and what can be avoided on the day of the exam.
- Solving a lot of different types of important questions gives students a clear idea of what are the main important topics of any particular chapter that needs to focussed on from examination perspective and should be emphasised on for revision before attempting the final paper. So attempting most frequently asked questions and important questions helps students to prepare well for almost everything in that subject.
- Although students cover up all the chapters included in the course syllabus by the end of the session, sometimes revision becomes a time consuming and difficult process. Thus, practicing important questions from Question Bank allows students to check the preparation status of each and every small topic in a chapter. Doing that ensures quick and easy insight into all the important questions and topics in each and every individual. Solving the important questions also acts as the revision process.