Related PapersUnderstanding Quadrilaterals Extra Questions Class 8 Maths - IIS Riyadh Posted by Puja Class 8 English The Unicorn Questions and Answers - Podar International Posted by DYUTHI M Extra Questions on Bodmas for Class 8 Maths Posted by Shivam Ojha Class 8 Commercial Mathematics Percentage Extra Questions Posted by Anushka Trivedi Direct and Inverse Proportions Extra Questions Class 8 Maths Posted by Namrata
CBSE Class 8 Maths Extra Questions, MCQ's and HOTs Chapter Wise
Get here all the Important Extra Questions for CBSE Class 8 Maths as free PDF downloads to increase your exam preparation. Here you may find NCERT Important Questions, MCQ, HOTs and Practice for Class 8 Mathematics chapter wise with solutions also. The class 8 mathematics extra questions have covered all the significant chapters and related important questions. Daily Maths practice will help you to build strong conceptual knowledge about the subject. These questions will act as chapter wise test papers for Class 8 Mathematics. These Important Questions for Class 8 Mathematics, shared by teachers, parents & students, are as per latest NCERT and CBSE Pattern syllabus and assure great success in achieving high score in Final Examinations
Latest CBSE MCQ, HOTs and Extra Questions for Class 8
- Chapter 1 Rational Numbers
- Chapter 2 Linear Equations in One Variable
- Chapter 3 Understanding Quadrilaterals
- Chapter 4 Practical Geometry
- Chapter 5 Data Handling
- Chapter 6 Squares and Square Roots
- Chapter 7 Cubes and Cube Roots
- Chapter 8 Comparing Quantities
- Chapter 9 Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- Chapter 10 Visualising Solid Shapes
- Chapter 11 Mensuration
- Chapter 12 Exponents and Powers
- Chapter 13 Direct and Inverse Proportions
- Chapter 14 Factorisation
- Chapter 15 Introduction to Graphs
- Chapter 16 Playing with Numbers
- Rational Numbers: Introduction, Properties of Rational Numbers, Representation of Rational Numbers on the Number Line, Rational Numbers between Two Rational Numbers.
- Linear Equations in One Variable: Introduction, Solving Equations Which Have Linear Expressions on one Side and Numbers on the Other Side, Some Applications, Solving Equations having the Variable on Both Sides, Some More Applications, Reducing Equations to Simpler Form, Reducing Equations to Simpler Form, Equations Reducible to the Linear Form.
- Understanding Quadrilaterals: Introduction, Polygons, Sum of the Measures of the Exterior Angles of a Polygon, Kinds of Quadrilaterals, Some Special Parallelograms.
- Practical Geometry: Introduction, Constructing a Quadrilateral, Some Special Cases.
- Data Handling: Looking for Information, Organising Data, Grouping Data, Circle Graph or Pie Chart, Chance and Probability.
- Squares and Square Roots: Introduction, Properties of Square Numbers, Some More Interesting Patterns, Finding the Square of a Number, Square Roots, Square Roots of Decimals, Estimating Square Roots.
- Cubes & Cube Roots: Introduction, Cubes, Cube Roots.
- Comparing Quantities: Recalling Ratios and Percentages, Finding the Increase or Decrease Per cent, Finding Discounts, Prices Related to Buying and Selling (Profit and Loss), Sales Tax/Value Added Tax, Compound Interest, Deducing a Formula for Compound Interest, Rate Compounded Annually or Half Yearly (Semi-Annually), Applications of Compound Interest Formula.
- Algebraic Expressions and Identities: What Are Expressions, Terms, Factors and Coefficients, Monomials, Binomials and Polynomials, Like and Unlike Terms, Addition and Subtraction of Algebraic Expressions, Multiplication of Algebraic Expressions: Introduction, Multiplying a Monomial by a Monomial, Multiplying a Monomial by a Polynomial, Multiplying a Polynomial by a Polynomial, What is an Identity? Standard Identities, Applying Identities.
- Visualising Solid Shapes: Introduction, Views of 3D-Shapes, Mapping Space Around Us, Faces, Edges and Vertices.
- Mensuration: Introduction, Let us Recall, Area of Trapezium, Area of a General Quadrilateral, Area of a Polygon, Solid Shapes, Surface Area of Cube, Cuboid and Cylinder, Volume of Cube, Cuboid and Cylinder, Volume and Capacity.
- Exponents & Powers: Powers with negative exponents, Laws of exponents, use of exponents to express small numbers in standard form.
- Direct & Inverse Proportions: Direct Proportion, inverse proportion.
- Factorisation: Factors of natural numbers, what is factorisation, division of algebraic expressions.
- Playing with Numbers: Numbers in general form, games with numbers, letters for digits, tests of divisibility, divisibility by 9 and 3.
|Type of Question
|Marks per Question
|Total No. of Questions
|Objective Type Questions
|Short Answer Type Questions - I
|Short Answer Type Questions - II
|Long Answer Type Questions
For Preparation of exams students can also check out other resource material
Question Bank of Other Subjects of Class 8CBSE Question Bank of Class 8 Science CBSE Question Bank of Class 8 English CBSE Question Bank of Class 8 Social Science
Importance of Question Bank for Exam Preparation?
There are many ways to ascertain whether a student has understood the important points and topics of a particular chapter and is he or she well prepared for exams and tests of that particular chapter. Apart from reference books and notes, Question Banks are very effective study materials for exam preparation. When a student tries to attempt and solve all the important questions of any particular subject , it becomes very easy to gauge how much well the topics have been understood and what kind of questions are asked in exams related to that chapter.. Some of the other advantaging factors of Question Banks are as follows
- Since Important questions included in question bank are collections of questions that were asked in previous exams and tests thus when a student tries to attempt them they get a complete idea about what type of questions are usually asked and whether they have learned the topics well enough. This gives them an edge to prepare well for the exam.Students get the clear idea whether the questions framed from any particular chapter are mostly either short or long answer type questions or multiple choice based and also marks weightage of any particular chapter in final exams.
- CBSE Question Banks are great tools to help in analysis for Exams. As it has a collection of important questions that were asked previously in exams thereby it covers every question from most of the important topics. Thus solving questions from the question bank helps students in analysing their preparation levels for the exam. However the practice should be done in a way that first the set of questions on any particular chapter are solved and then solutions should be consulted to get an analysis of their strong and weak points. This ensures that they are more clear about what to answer and what can be avoided on the day of the exam.
- Solving a lot of different types of important questions gives students a clear idea of what are the main important topics of any particular chapter that needs to focussed on from examination perspective and should be emphasised on for revision before attempting the final paper. So attempting most frequently asked questions and important questions helps students to prepare well for almost everything in that subject.
- Although students cover up all the chapters included in the course syllabus by the end of the session, sometimes revision becomes a time consuming and difficult process. Thus, practicing important questions from Question Bank allows students to check the preparation status of each and every small topic in a chapter. Doing that ensures quick and easy insight into all the important questions and topics in each and every individual. Solving the important questions also acts as the revision process.