Related PapersClass 5 Maths Revision Worksheet Set - 6 Posted by Amit Goswami Class 5 Maths Revision Worksheet Set - 5 Posted by Amit Goswami Class 5 Maths Revision Worksheet Set - 4 Posted by Amit Goswami Class 5 Maths Revision Worksheet Set - 3 Posted by Amit Goswami Class 5 Maths Revision Worksheet Set - 2 Posted by Amit Goswami
Click to View More Related Papers
CBSE Worksheets for Class 5 Maths
Download free printable worksheets for CBSE Class 5 Maths with important chapter wise questions as per Latest NCERT Syllabus. These Worksheets help Grade 5 students practice Mathematics Important Questions and exercises on various topics like Multiplication, Division, Decimals, Ration and Proportion, Fractions, Area, Perimeter, HCF, LCM, Volume, Measurements, Word Problems and Mental Maths. These free PDF download of Class 5 maths worksheets consist of visual simulations to help your child visualize concepts being taught and reinforce their learning..
Get free Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 5 Maths Worksheets shared by teachers, parents & students to understand the concepts. All the necessary topics are covered in these 5th grade worksheets. These class 5 maths worksheets provide skills and experience necessary to ace in Exams
Latest CBSE Class 5 Maths Worksheets
Maths Topics to be covered for Class 5
- The Fish Tail: Problems based on speed distance time, number and number names, large number up to 1 crore, introducing concept of buying, selling and loan
- Parts and Wholes: Fraction, equivalent fraction, dividing different shapes and things into fraction, shading a part of whole and make fraction, patterns in parts, Ramu's vegetable fields, part to whole, conversion of time and money into fractions
- Does it look the same?: Making patterns with a drop of colour and paper folding, line of symmetry objects in the mirror, half rotation, one fourth rotation, one third rotation, one sixth rotation
- Can you see the Pattern?: Patterns from our daily life, turns and patterns, look for a pattern, magic square, magical hexagon, pattern in number series, calendar magic, puzzles and word problems related to number series
- Mapping your Way: Know about map of Delhi, distance between two points on the map, scale reading in maps, hexagons in map and angles made in between, journey of Red Fort: understanding of directions, scaling of images; big and small, map of India and its States, map of school and classroom
- Shapes and Angles: Closed and open shapes, introduction of angles, angles in geometrical shapes, measuring angles with divider, types of angles, angles in alphabets, changing shapes and angles, angles in clock, introduction to protractor D and measuring angles with it
- Be my Multiple, I will be your Factor: Introduction about multiples using tables, finding out the multiples of different number, common multiple, introduction of factors: multiplication chart, common factors, factor tree, LCM and HCF related word problems
- Tenths and Hundredths: Understanding 10th part and representing it in decimal and fraction form, understanding 100th part and representing it in decimal and fraction form, understanding relation between higher and lower units of length, weight and money, conversion of higher unit into lower unit or vice versa, currency of different countries and their value with respect to the Indian currency, temperature ( in degree Celsius)
- How many Squares?: Perimeter and area, use of a square boxes grid to find area, comparison of areas of different objects, area of triangle and comparison of area of different triangle in a grid, complete the shapes, puzzle with 5 squares
- Area and its Boundary: Introduction of area and perimeter, comparison of area of different objects, simple word problems based on area and perimeter, puzzles related to area and perimeter, dividing grid into different areas, objects with different shapes and perimeter can have some area and vice versa, finding side when area/ perimeter is given
- Smart Charts: Use of Tally marks, frequency table, reading of Tally marks, reading of Chapati chart (pie chart) and bar graph, making of bar graph and chapati chart, family tree, reading a graph using growth chart of a plant, solving questions based on bar graph and pie chart
- Ways to Multiply and Divide: Simple multiplication, multiplication by breaking method, daily life problems for multiplication, patterns in multiplication, simple division problems, division by long methods, mental puzzles of multiplication and division, checking answer of division
- Boxes and Sketches: Comparison of 2-D and 3-D figures, 3-D figures with respect to Length, breadth, height, vertices, faces and edges, visualize the net of box to think of how it looks when flattened and also to check which nets do not makeup box, deep drawings to get a sense of the need to represent depth, understanding deep drawings and layout plans, top, front and side view of 3-D figures to understand the dimensions which we can see
- How Big? How Heavy?: Understanding the concept of volume, measuring of volume, unit of volume volume of cube and cuboid, simple word problems related to volume, concept of weight, unit of weight,word problem related to weight
For Preparation of board exams students can also check out other resource material
CBSE Class 5 Maths Question Papers
Important Questions for Class 5 Maths Chapter Wise
Maths Revision Notes for class 5
Worksheets of Other Subjects of Class 5CBSE Worksheets of Class 5 Science CBSE Worksheets of Class 5 English CBSE Worksheets of Class 5 Social Science CBSE Worksheets of Class 5 Computer Science CBSE Worksheets of Class 5 Hindi CBSE Worksheets of Class 5 French
Why do one Children need Worksheets for Practice ?
It is very old saying that one can build a large building if the foundation is strong and sturdy. This holds true for studies also. Worksheets are essential and help students in the in-depth understanding of fundamental concepts. Practicing solving a lot of worksheets, solving numerous types of questions on each topic holds the key for success. Once basic concepts and fundamentals have been learnt, the next thing is to learn their applications by practicing problems. Practicing the problems helps us immensely to gauge how well we have understood the concepts.
There are times when students just run through any particular topic with casual awareness there by missing out on a few imperative “between the lines” concepts. Such things are the major causes of weak fundamental understandings of students. So in such cases Worksheets act as a boon and critical helpful tool which gauges the in-depth understanding of children highlighting doubts and misconceptions, if any.
Worksheets classifies the important aspects of any topic or chapter taught in the class in a very easy manner and increases the awareness amongst students.When students try to solve a worksheet they get to understand what are the key important factors which needs the main focus.Sometimes it happens that due to shortage of time all the major points of any particular topic gets skipped in the class or teacher rushes through , due to shortage of time. A worksheet thus provides a framework for the entire chapter and can help covering those important aspects which were rushed in the class and ensure that students record and understand all key items.
In a class of its say 40 students howsoever teacher tries to be active and work towards making each student understand whatever she has to teach in the class but there are always some students who tend to be in their own world and they wander in their thoughts.Worksheets which are provided timely to all the students, causes them to focus on the material at hand. it’s simply the difference between passive and active learning. Worksheets of this type can be used to introduce new material, particularly material with many new definitions and terms.
Worksheets help students be focussed and attentive in the class because they know after the class is over they will be assigned a worksheet which they need to solve so if they miss or skip any point in the class they may not be able to solve the worksheet completely and thereby lose reputation in the class.
Often students revise the chapter at home reading their respective textbooks. Thus more often than not they do miss many important points. Worksheets thus can be used intentionally to help guide student’s to consult textbooks. Having students write out responses encourages their engagement with the textbooks, the questions chosen indicate areas on which to focus. Explicitly discussing the worksheets and why particular questions are asked helps students reflect on what is important.