These Previous Year Question Papers Class 9 Science ( Physics, Chemistry, Biology are important for students to prepare for board exams. By solving the past years’ papers, students will get an idea of the Science paper pattern and type of questions asked in the exam. So, to help students prepare better for the exam, here on ribbly students can freely download Past Year Question Papers for Class 9 Science , Half Yearly Question Papers, Pre Board Examination Papers with solutions. All these papers are available in PDF format. They must solve these CBSE Previous Year Question Papers to score high marks in the Class 9 Science exam. These previous year papers and board papers are in accordance with CBSE guidelines and prescribed syllabus and thus after solving them students get enough confidence and practice to face the forthcoming exams
|Class 9 Science Marks Distribution|
|Matter - Its Nature and Behaviour||23|
|Organisation in the Living World||20|
|Motion, Force and Work||27|
|Food; Food Production||04|
Definition of matter; solid, liquid, and gas; characteristics – shape, volume, density; change of state melting (absorption of heat), freezing, evaporation (cooling by evaporation), condensation, sublimation.
Plant and animal breeding and selection for quality improvement and management; Use of fertilizers and manures; Protection from pests and diseases; Organic farming.
Below is the list of experiments prescribed by CBSE for Class 9 Science:
1. Preparation of
2. Preparation of
Using iron filings and sulphur powder and distinguishing between these based on:
3. Separation of the components of a mixture of sand, common salt, and ammonium chloride (or camphor).
4. Perform the following reactions and classify them as physical or chemical changes:
5. Preparation of stained temporary mounts of
6. Identification of Parenchyma, collenchyma, and Sclerenchyma tissues in plants, striped, smooth, and cardiac muscle fibres and nerve cells in animals, from prepared slides. Draw their labelled diagrams.
7. Determination of the melting point of ice and the boiling point of water.
8. Verification of the Laws of reflection of sound.
9. Determination of the density of solid (denser than water) by using a spring balance and a measuring cylinder.
10. Establishing the relation between the loss in weight of a solid when fully immersed in
11. Determination of the speed of a pulse propagated through a stretched string/slinky (helical spring).
12. Study of the characteristics of Spirogyra, Agaricus, Moss, Fern, Pinus (either with male or female cone) and an Angiospermic plant. Draw and give two identifying features of the groups they belong to.
13. Observe the given pictures/charts/models of earthworm, cockroach, bony fish, and bird. For each organism, draw their picture and record:
14. Verification of the law of conservation of mass in a chemical reaction.
15. Study of the external features of root, stem, leaf, and flower of monocot and dicot plants.
CBSE has prescribed 4 textbooks to cover the CBSE Class 9 Science syllabus for the academic session 2022-23. These books include the textbook, practical book, and exemplar as mentioned below:
For Preparation of exams students can also check out other resource material
In order to access the level of preparation done by any particular student he or she needs to solve Previous Year Question Papers. These papers act as perfect tools to practise for the final board exam. If one wants to get a clear look and feel of how final exam papers are framed in terms of level of difficulty, time and other aspects then , all students must make sure that they attempt these papers once their course revision is finished. Few benefits of solving Previous Question Papers are given below: