CBSE Class 9 Science Test Papers are the collection of past unit test papers and periodic assessment class test papers which helps students to prepare for upcoming monthly quarterly half yearly and annual exams. Here on Ribblu one can get a lot of Test Papers for Class 9 Science in PDF format for free.CBSE chapter wise practice papers with solution for class 9 Science for free download in PDF format.9th Science chapters have many topics and all these topics are included in CBSE solved test papers of class 9 Science.
CBSE practice question papers are based on NCERT syllabus and latest CBSE curriculum for this academic session. The unit tests, chapter wise solved papers, important questions, and questions asked in previous year exams are included in CBSE test papers and CBSE practice papers with solution and answer keys. These are solved question papers from all chapter have all type of questions may be asked in annual exams such as VSA very short answer type questions, MCQ Multiple Choice Questions , SA short answer type questions, LA long answer type questions, VBA value based questions and HOTS higher order thinking skill based questions.
|Class 9 Science Marks Distribution|
|Matter - Its Nature and Behaviour||23|
|Organisation in the Living World||20|
|Motion, Force and Work||27|
|Food; Food Production||04|
Definition of matter; solid, liquid, and gas; characteristics – shape, volume, density; change of state melting (absorption of heat), freezing, evaporation (cooling by evaporation), condensation, sublimation.
Plant and animal breeding and selection for quality improvement and management; Use of fertilizers and manures; Protection from pests and diseases; Organic farming.
Below is the list of experiments prescribed by CBSE for Class 9 Science:
1. Preparation of
2. Preparation of
Using iron filings and sulphur powder and distinguishing between these based on:
3. Separation of the components of a mixture of sand, common salt, and ammonium chloride (or camphor).
4. Perform the following reactions and classify them as physical or chemical changes:
5. Preparation of stained temporary mounts of
6. Identification of Parenchyma, collenchyma, and Sclerenchyma tissues in plants, striped, smooth, and cardiac muscle fibres and nerve cells in animals, from prepared slides. Draw their labelled diagrams.
7. Determination of the melting point of ice and the boiling point of water.
8. Verification of the Laws of reflection of sound.
9. Determination of the density of solid (denser than water) by using a spring balance and a measuring cylinder.
10. Establishing the relation between the loss in weight of a solid when fully immersed in
11. Determination of the speed of a pulse propagated through a stretched string/slinky (helical spring).
12. Study of the characteristics of Spirogyra, Agaricus, Moss, Fern, Pinus (either with male or female cone) and an Angiospermic plant. Draw and give two identifying features of the groups they belong to.
13. Observe the given pictures/charts/models of earthworm, cockroach, bony fish, and bird. For each organism, draw their picture and record:
14. Verification of the law of conservation of mass in a chemical reaction.
15. Study of the external features of root, stem, leaf, and flower of monocot and dicot plants.
CBSE has prescribed 4 textbooks to cover the CBSE Class 9 Science syllabus for the academic session 2022-23. These books include the textbook, practical book, and exemplar as mentioned below:
For Preparation of board exams students can also check out other resource material
Why Attempting Past Test Papers are Important for Exam Preparation?
Test papers are mainly class test papers that the subject teacher had prepared in the past for previous students. Thus when students attempt such practice test papers they get to know the framework which the subject teacher is following in making examination papers. Apart from reference books and notes, Test Papers are very effective study materials for exam preparation. When a student tries to attempt previous test papers , it becomes very easy to gauge how well the topics have been understood and what kind of questions are asked in exams related to that chapter.
As they say before facing the main battle one needs to practice on small fights and get expertise and that will make sure the success in the finals. Similarly in order to score high marks in annual exams, it is imperative to attempt previous test papers so that the student identifies and checks whether the understanding of all concepts of the already prepared chapters of any particular subject are complete or not. It highlights the weak areas if any and gives students ample amount of time to revisit the topics and work on those areas and be better prepared before exams.
Periodic Test papers, Weekly tests and Unit Test papers are usually framed on few chapters of the syllabus thus the concentration of questions asked are of good depth thus when a student attempts those papers, it makes sure that no topic or fundamental concept has been skipped by students while studying any chapter.