Get here all the Important Extra Questions for CBSE Class 9 Science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) as free PDF downloads to increase your exam preparation. Here you may find NCERT Important Questions, MCQ, HOTs and Practice for Class 9 Science chapter wise with solutions also. The Class 9 Science extra questions have covered all the significant chapters and related important questions. Daily Science practice will help you to build strong conceptual knowledge about the subject. These questions will act as chapter wise test papers for Class 9 Science. These Important Questions for Class 9 Science, shared by teachers, parents and students, are as per latest NCERT and CBSE Pattern syllabus and assure great success in achieving high score in Final Examinations
|Class 9 Science Marks Distribution|
|Matter - Its Nature and Behaviour||23|
|Organisation in the Living World||20|
|Motion, Force and Work||27|
|Food; Food Production||04|
Definition of matter; solid, liquid, and gas; characteristics – shape, volume, density; change of state melting (absorption of heat), freezing, evaporation (cooling by evaporation), condensation, sublimation.
Plant and animal breeding and selection for quality improvement and management; Use of fertilizers and manures; Protection from pests and diseases; Organic farming.
Below is the list of experiments prescribed by CBSE for Class 9 Science:
1. Preparation of
2. Preparation of
Using iron filings and sulphur powder and distinguishing between these based on:
3. Separation of the components of a mixture of sand, common salt, and ammonium chloride (or camphor).
4. Perform the following reactions and classify them as physical or chemical changes:
5. Preparation of stained temporary mounts of
6. Identification of Parenchyma, collenchyma, and Sclerenchyma tissues in plants, striped, smooth, and cardiac muscle fibres and nerve cells in animals, from prepared slides. Draw their labelled diagrams.
7. Determination of the melting point of ice and the boiling point of water.
8. Verification of the Laws of reflection of sound.
9. Determination of the density of solid (denser than water) by using a spring balance and a measuring cylinder.
10. Establishing the relation between the loss in weight of a solid when fully immersed in
11. Determination of the speed of a pulse propagated through a stretched string/slinky (helical spring).
12. Study of the characteristics of Spirogyra, Agaricus, Moss, Fern, Pinus (either with male or female cone) and an Angiospermic plant. Draw and give two identifying features of the groups they belong to.
13. Observe the given pictures/charts/models of earthworm, cockroach, bony fish, and bird. For each organism, draw their picture and record:
14. Verification of the law of conservation of mass in a chemical reaction.
15. Study of the external features of root, stem, leaf, and flower of monocot and dicot plants.
CBSE has prescribed 4 textbooks to cover the CBSE Class 9 Science syllabus for the academic session 2022-23. These books include the textbook, practical book, and exemplar as mentioned below:
|Type of Question||Marks per Question||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Objective Type Questions||1||20||20|
|Short Answer Type Questions||3||10||30|
|Long Answer Type Questions||6||5||30|
For Preparation of exams students can also check out other resource material
Importance of Question Bank for Exam Preparation?
There are many ways to ascertain whether a student has understood the important points and topics of a particular chapter and is he or she well prepared for exams and tests of that particular chapter. Apart from reference books and notes, Question Banks are very effective study materials for exam preparation. When a student tries to attempt and solve all the important questions of any particular subject , it becomes very easy to gauge how much well the topics have been understood and what kind of questions are asked in exams related to that chapter.. Some of the other advantaging factors of Question Banks are as follows