Download free printable worksheets for CBSE Class 9 Science with important chapter wise questions as per Latest NCERT Syllabus. These Worksheets help Grade 9 students practice Science Important Questions and exercises on Physics , Chemistry and Biology like (Why do we Fall Ill, Work and Energy, Gravitation, Structure of the Atom, Atoms and Molecules, Force and Laws of Motion, Motion, Tissues, The Fundamental Unit of Life, Is Matter Around Us Pure ). These free PDF download of Class 9 Science worksheets consist of visual simulations to help your child visualize concepts being taught and reinforce their learning.
Get free Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 9 Science Worksheets shared by teachers, parents & students to understand the concepts. All the necessary topics are covered in these 9th grade worksheets. These class 9 Science worksheets provide skills and experience necessary to ace in Exams
|Class 9 Science Marks Distribution|
|Matter - Its Nature and Behaviour||23|
|Organisation in the Living World||20|
|Motion, Force and Work||27|
|Food; Food Production||04|
Definition of matter; solid, liquid, and gas; characteristics – shape, volume, density; change of state melting (absorption of heat), freezing, evaporation (cooling by evaporation), condensation, sublimation.
Plant and animal breeding and selection for quality improvement and management; Use of fertilizers and manures; Protection from pests and diseases; Organic farming.
Below is the list of experiments prescribed by CBSE for Class 9 Science:
1. Preparation of
2. Preparation of
Using iron filings and sulphur powder and distinguishing between these based on:
3. Separation of the components of a mixture of sand, common salt, and ammonium chloride (or camphor).
4. Perform the following reactions and classify them as physical or chemical changes:
5. Preparation of stained temporary mounts of
6. Identification of Parenchyma, collenchyma, and Sclerenchyma tissues in plants, striped, smooth, and cardiac muscle fibres and nerve cells in animals, from prepared slides. Draw their labelled diagrams.
7. Determination of the melting point of ice and the boiling point of water.
8. Verification of the Laws of reflection of sound.
9. Determination of the density of solid (denser than water) by using a spring balance and a measuring cylinder.
10. Establishing the relation between the loss in weight of a solid when fully immersed in
11. Determination of the speed of a pulse propagated through a stretched string/slinky (helical spring).
12. Study of the characteristics of Spirogyra, Agaricus, Moss, Fern, Pinus (either with male or female cone) and an Angiospermic plant. Draw and give two identifying features of the groups they belong to.
13. Observe the given pictures/charts/models of earthworm, cockroach, bony fish, and bird. For each organism, draw their picture and record:
14. Verification of the law of conservation of mass in a chemical reaction.
15. Study of the external features of root, stem, leaf, and flower of monocot and dicot plants.
CBSE has prescribed 4 textbooks to cover the CBSE Class 9 Science syllabus for the academic session 2022-23. These books include the textbook, practical book, and exemplar as mentioned below:
For Preparation of board exams students can also check out other resource material
Why do one Children need Worksheets for Practice ?
Worksheets have become a driving force in today's CBSE curriculum in India. All the CBSE Schools in India use worksheets for the purposes of supporting studying, promoting active learning, raising interest in learning science, and assessment.Worksheets are very much useful in a number of ways in terms of academic achievement. For instance as supplements to NCERT and reference textbooks, worksheets are often used to add additional information for any particular class. Also on top of that, leaving blanks in worksheets are invitations for students to fill in gaps which act as an opportunity for knowledge construction. Well drafted questions and exercises in worksheets helps in drawing students interest. Furthermore, worksheets play a variety of functions in different contexts.
With the help of an effective and elaborative worksheet, students are able to understand how to attempt certain problems and solve them independently. Classroom studies are good, but as a student it is very imperative to know how much of the teachings has been grasped by the student, which can be tested only with the help of worksheets. If a student is unable to solve the worksheet in full it clearly indicates that he or she has missed some portion that was taught in the class and hence all those doubts can be cleared and moved forward without any backlog.
CBSE recommends that the best use of efficient worksheets is that they should be given as a part of home assignment and should includeeverything that was taught in the classroom. Giving out constructive worksheets as homework is an amazing way for the students to recap what they have learned once they are home, as well as a good way for the teachers to reiterate the concept they are trying to teach.
Worksheets are also an effective measurement tool for parents to gauge what their child has been taught in the school. Once they go through the content of the worksheet they understand what all points have been covered in the class and thereby they can take lead and engage their kids in better understanding and revision of the topics.
Worksheets give a fun approach in learning and it has been proven that with worksheets students tend to feel more involved and thus show interest in studies and grasping new things. It is this highly emphasised that worksheets should be designed in such a manner that students find the interest in solving and understand the fundamental concepts easily.